December 29, 2008

Shots, Itineraries, Plane Tickets ...Oh My!

So we are less than a week away from our departure to South Africa. I think my backpack has been ready for weeks, but who's counting? Can I confess to being just a smidgin' excited? Yes I said a smidgin' as to not take my anticipation of this adventure overboard, but SERIOUSLY- my classmates, some LPTS alum, and 3 professors are "Leavin' On A Jet Plane" to steal the words of John Denver (or Peter, Paul, and Mary). "My bags are packed it's time to go..." WAHOOOOOOO!!!! There has been alot to do (shots-yeah buddy!!), think about, read (Country of My Skull and No Future Without Forgiveness are deep!!), and soak in the last 6 months that have lead up to Monday Jan 5th and an 18-20 hour plane trip to Capetown. I look forward to our travel and all that we will encounter and experience while there, but one of the most wonderful parts is going to be coming back to tell the story. I promise I won't let the Lions and Giraffes nibble away too much in the game reserve. Follow along and thanks to those who have continued to financially and prayerfully support us.

No comments: