December 23, 2008

Beyond Excited!

Hello friends, family, and supporters of our trip to South Africa! My name is Emily and I am a third year student at Louisville Seminary. At this point in time I am beyond excited for the trip, and since being home for the Christmas holiday realized just how close we are to leaving. It seems like many of us were not allowing ourselves to be excited until the semester and all of our classes were over, but now that they are, I'm pumped up! There are many reasons that I am excited for the trip, but one is the fact that South Africa and the Truth and Reconciliation Commission have been things that I have only read and studied as something that is far removed from me-yet we can learn so much from it! I am thrilled to get a front row seat and talk to people who were actually involved. Finally, I want to thank all of you for your support thus far, there is no way that we would be taking this life changing journey without each of you. Can't wait to post a message to you all from South Africa! Peace!

No comments: